Saudi Arabia Admits to Bombing Funeral in Yemen | VIDEO

Saudi Arabia has admitted that it bombed a funeral in the Yemeni capital that killed more than 140 people last week after initially denying it. A statement by a Saudi investigative body said on Saturday the kingdom carried out the strike based on what it called bad information. Saudi warplanes attacked the hall where people were attending a wake for the father of Yemen’s interior minister in Sana’a last Saturday.

Saudi officials initially said their aircraft had not carried out any attack on the Yemeni capital that day.

Read Article →

Saudi coalition confirms longest-range Yemeni ballistic missile attack to date | Jane’s

Yemen’s SABA news agency, which is supportive of the Ansar Allah group (Houthis) and allied military forces, reported that a Burkan-1 ballistic missile has been launched against King Fahd Air Base, which is about 25 km northeast of Taif. “The rocket hit the target accurately, inflicting heavy losses in the base,” it claimed.

The existence of the Burkan-1 was announced on 2 September, when SABA reported that Yemen’s missile force had developed a new weapon with a range of 800 km. Al-Masirah broadcast footage showing three ‘Scud’-type missiles labelled as Burkan-1s.

Read Article →

Yemenis target US destroyer, fire ballistic missiles into Saudi Arabia

Yemen’s Houthi movement launched a ballistic missile deep into Saudi Arabia and may have also fired on a U.S. warship, two days after an apparent Saudi-led air strike killed 140 mourners at a funeral attended by powerful tribal leaders.

Saturday’s air strike ripped through a wake attended by some of the country’s top political and security officials, outraging Yemeni society and potentially galvanizing powerful tribes to join the Houthis in opposing a Saudi-backed exiled government.

Read Article →